Dr. Alexander Glas
- Job title: Postdoc
- Organization: School of Business, Economics and Society
- Working group: Chair of Statistics and Econometrics (Prof. Dr. Dovern)
- Phone number: +49 911 5302-278
- Fax number: +49 911 5302-481
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lange Gasse 20
90403 NürnbergRoom 4.173
- Office hours:
|2019 – today||FAU, Institute of Economic Research, Chair of Statistics and Econometrics, Postdoc|
|2012 – 2019||Heidelberg University, Alfred-Weber-Institute for Economics, Chair of Empirical Economics, Research Assistant|
|2012||Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Department of Environmental and Resource Economics, Student Assistant|
|2012||Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Department of Environmental and Resource Economics, Internship|
|2011 – 2012||Heidelberg University, Alfred-Weber-Institute for Economics, Chair of Empirical Economics, Student Assistant|
|2013 – 2018||Heidelberg University, PhD Student in Economics|
|2010 – 2012||Heidelberg University, M.Sc. in Economics|
|2007 – 2010||Heidelberg University, B.A. in Economics|
- Glas, A., 2019, “Five Dimensions of the Uncertainty-Disagreement Linkage”, International Journal of Forecasting, forthcoming. [Working Paper version]
- Donaubauer, J., Glas, A., Meyer, B. and P. Nunnenkamp, 2018, Disentangling the Impact of Infrastructure on Trade Using a New Index of Infrastructure, Review of World Economics, 154(4), 745-784. [Working Paper version]
- Glas, A., and M. Hartmann, 2016, Inflation Uncertainty, Disagreement and Monetary Policy: Evidence from the ECB Survey of Professional Forecasters, Journal of Empirical Finance, 39(B), 215-228. [Working Paper version]
- Glas, A., Hübler, M. and P. Nunnenkamp, 2016, Catching Up of Emerging Economies: The Role of Capital Goods Imports, FDI Inflows, Domestic Invetment and Absorptive Capacity, Applied Economics Letters, 23(2), 117-120. [Working Paper version]
- Glas, A., Hübler, M. and P. Nunnenkamp, 2016, Indicators of Absorptive Capacity and Import-Induced South-North Convergence in Labor Intensities, The World Economy, 39(11), 1756-1791. [Working Paper version]
- Glas, A. and M. Hübler, 2014, The Energy-Bias of North-South Technology Spillovers – A Global, Bilateral, Bisectoral Trade Analysis, Environmental and Resource Economics, 58(1), 59-89. [Working Paper version]
- Glas, A. and M. Hartmann, 2018, Overconfidence Versus Rounding in Survey-Based Density Forecasts.
- Conrad, C. and A. Glas, 2018, `Dejà Vol‘ Revisited: Survey Forecasts of Macroeconomic Variables Predict Volatility in the Cross-Section of Industry Portfolios.
- Glas, A., Heinisch, K. and C. Schult, Effects of External Assumptions on Forecast Errors in the Euro Area.
Between 2011 and 2019, I have taught tutorials and Stata-tutorials for the Bachelor courses `Economic and Social Statistics‘, `General Statistical Methods‘ and `Empirical Economics: Statistics and Econometrics‘ as well as the Master course `Advanced Econometrics‘ at Heidelberg University.
Contemporary Economics, Economics Letters, Journal of Banking & Finance, PLOS ONE