Our chair currently offers the following topics for Bachelor’s theses:
- Are first releases of German national accounts data efficient predictors of final releases?
- Is there residual seasonality in US national accounts data? Which components of GDP are causing potential problems?
- Which approaches exist to estimate potential output and what are the advantages and disadvantages of different methods? A literature review and some applications to German or U.S. data
- An assessment of macroeconomic density forecasts of private U.S. households based on data from the SCE
- Economic policy uncertainty in the U.S.: How is it measured based on news paper articles? Does it differ across presidential terms? What are macroeconomic effects of policy uncertainty?
- Taking stock of the current housing market in Germany: Analyzing web-scraped data on house prices and rents
Please contact any member of our team to inquire whether there are other proposals for topics or to discuss own suggestions for thesis topics.
Potential topics should be related to the content of the Bachelor courses „Angewandte Analyse von Zeitreihen- und Finanzmarktdaten“ or „Empirical Finance“. In special cases there might also be suitable topics that you can work on based exclusively on knowledge obtained by following the mandatory course „Statistik“.